This post was updated on .
Android FAQ and Troubleshooting
Q: How to set up/install the app on Android?
Go to our website, login to the dashboard, scroll down to “Shadowsocks setup” and follow the instructions for Android.
Q: How can I change server location?
Open the app, click on “shadowsocks” on the top of the screen, and choose a server from the list.
Q: How Can I remove a server?
To remove a server profile, press and hold your finger over the profile name and then swipe to the left or right.
Q: How can I add in the subscribe link?
First go to your dashboard. Scroll down to the "shadowsocks setup" section and select android. You will find the subscribe link there. Copy the normal port and address one.
Then, go to the app, and then to the server list. Click on the "+" button. Click on "Add/Update SSR Subscription". Click on "Add URL", and paste the subscribe link there. Click OK.
Then click on "save and update".
Q: I can't access the internet.
Most common reasons:
1)Your subscription has expired. Purchase a new one.
2) You are using the old servers. Update the list to the latest servers (see below).
Make sure you have the latest servers as some will get blocked and will be replaced. To update from the subscribe link, go to the app, and then to the server list. Click on the "+" button. Click on "Add/Update SSR Subscription". Click on "save and update".
Of course, this will only work if you have added the subscribe link to your app.
- If it's the first time setting up the app on your PC, it's possible that the configuration has an error. Make sure you follow closely the installation instructions and use the subscribe link to add in the servers.
- If the VPN suddenly stopped working and it used to work before, then try changing to a different server. Also try updating the servers (see above).
- If none of the servers work, its possible it's an issue with your local internet. Try disconnecting from the VPN and go to a chinese site (like baidu.com) to see whether your internet connection works without VPN. If it still doesn't work, that means it's not the VPN itself that has the issue, but your local internet connection. Try reconnecting to the wifi. If that still doesn't work, restart your computer and your internet router. Try updating your servers to the latest version (see above).
- If after all of this the VPN still doesn't work, then it is highly likely that your subscription has ran out. Login to your website dashboard and check your subscription expiration date on the right of the page.
Q: My subscribe link isn’t working. Each time I try updating the servers, the app gets stuck on the load screen. What should I do?
Delete the default subscribe link that’s automatically added upon installation and update again.
If it still doesn't work, you may need to reinstall the app.
Q: How can I remove a subscribe link?
To remove a subscribe link, open the subscribe link list, press and hold your finger over the profile name and then swipe to the left or right.
Q: Whatsapp and Google Hangouts calls don't work on Android when shadowsocks is enabled. What should I do?
Enable the option "UDP Forwarding" in the server settings. Select a server and scroll down to find that setting.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|